The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip Ever
By: Lydia Davies on November 21, 2015
Good morning! It is game day which means it’s time for some delicious appetizers. This is hands down one of my favorite dips. Whether you make it to watch the game, a cozy night in, or a study group with friends, this dip will not disappoint. I love this recipe because it is so simple to make, it isn’t expensive and it only calls for a few ingredients. Whenever you decide to fix this I am sure you will be pleased. So get pumped!
Alright, now on to the recipe. I will walk you through the steps quickly and list the ingredients and measurements below.
I like to make this dip with chicken that is cooked in a crock pot. With that being said, place four frozen chicken breasts into a crock pot, covering the bottom with water (about a cup) sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Cover, turn on high and let cook for roughly four hours. I usually do this first thing in the morning when I wake up. After you get the chicken going, set out your sour cream. It needs to be at room temperature when you use it.
Gather your ingredients. Including chicken, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce (disclaimer: use with precaution, it is strong.) Turn your oven on to 350 degrees.
Dump everything into a large bowl and mix together, after saving about a cup of cheese to cover the top with. I use half of the cheddar cheese and half of the pepper jack cheese for a little extra kick.
Place the mixture into a greased casserole dish. Time to use that extra cheese! Go ahead and cover the top with all the leftover cheese that you have shredded.
Place it in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
It is that simple!
Serve it up with crackers or chips! YUMMMM!
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. pepper jack cheese
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 – 2 cups Frank’s Buffalo Sauce (depending on your spiciness)
- 4 shredded chicken breasts
- Cook chicken in crock pot on high for roughly 4 hours.
- Set out cream cheese and allow it to get to room temperature.
- Set aside a cup of shredded cheese, (half cheddar half pepper jack.)
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Place into a greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the top with the cheese that was set aside.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and the edges are golden.
- Serve with crackers or chips (it tastes best if served warm.)
There you have it, the best buffalo chicken dip… EVER! Be prepared for all of your friends to ask for the recipe, or if they are like mine, ask you to make it for them at least once a week!